I Am Obsessed With Kayaking



So I recently turned thirty years old and I only had a mild crisis about it, I mean it's my dirty thirty for crying out loud.  For a moment, I felt like I had accomplished so little and my life was already into its peak. However, I thought about it and soon realized that some of my best living has been done only in the last few years, so I have plenty of extraordinary adventures waiting for me.  

I say all this about my advanced years to bring you up to speed on what has been going on in my life, but also to introduce you to the present that my parents got me for my birthday...a kayak! I am so excited about this thing.  I have already gone out twice, once on Beech Fork Lake and once on Lake Vesuvius.  My parents went with my both times, but they opted for a paddleboat the first time we went out. The second time I went out I did get my mom into a kayak we rented though. Interestingly,  it turned out that getting this as a gift was the perfect gift for these quarantine times, since it is a great activity to do solo or with the people in my household.  

From the moment I first pushed off into the lake I was in love with kayaking.  It is so relaxing and it is also a great way to see parts of parks that you don't get to see often. It is also a fairly quick way to see the different sights. It is one of my new peak ways to spend time in the woods, but also stay cool in the June temps.  Paddling into the shade and listening to the sounds of the lake and the woods is also one of my favorite things.  The lakes that I have gone to have been pretty packed lately so people are always around to give me tips if I need them, which is amazing.  I am already ready to get back out there and I just got back! Kayaking was a 10/10 bucket list experience for me, and I can't wait to keep up with it! 



Comments

Popular Posts