Flatwoods Monster Museum


This museum has been at the top of my bucket list for the longest time.  For one, it's local.  It only took me about two hours to get there. Secondly, I love all things cryptid and alien and strange.  It was the perfect blend of strangeness and local history.  Flatwoods was perfect and everything that I wanted it to be.  

My cousin Katie and drove up to Flatwoods a few weeks ago for a reason I will let you know about soon enough, and while we were there we just had to partake of this amazing museum.  It is a small museum, but if you love the guy like I do you will love this place. The whole town of Flatwoods is amazing and has just the perfect amount of strange.  I will post more about the whole town later, but for now I wanted to talk about this museum and show you some of the pictures that I took there.  

For those of you not familiar with the story, the city of Flatwoods has a good bit of information about it on their site and a simply google search could give you plenty of information, but I will give you a short synopsis.  On September 12, 1954 three boys were playing in their school yard in the town of Flatwoods when they saw a bright flash in the sky. They grabbed one their mothers on their way to investigate the site.  When they arrived, they saw this guy.  

I have been obsessed with this story for years, and I am so glad that I finally got to visit this museum.  If you love strangeness, I cannot recommend it enough.  

....and yes I did buy one of those shirts and lanterns...how could I not....








Comments

Popular Posts